Would you like to work in downtown Madrid in a global company providing software to tier 1 customers like HBO, ATT or Sky? Do you love video streaming technologies?
At NexPlayer, we are looking for a talented Backend Software Engineer to join our team in Madrid. You will be responsible for deployments in cloud environments and ensuring a proper architecture of our website, as well as taking control of our customers’ licenses. You will be part of a very international team, work on the most advanced and trendy technologies and have the chance to partner with leading OTT software companies.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for code quality and the latest streaming technologies and innovations, as well as a natural curiosity for learning continuously. Since we are a global company, having a good English level is mandatory.
What you’ll do:
- Management, maintenance, and optimization of our website structure which is based on WordPress
- Setup and configuration of Azure and AWS
- Create and control our development environments (staging, development, and production)
- Management of HTML5 deploys and tracking of versions
- Work closely with the rest of the engineers to solve issues and requests in the most efficient way
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position
- Solid experience working with WordPress-based websites
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Computing Services (Azure and AWS)
- Hands-on experience on Cloud Functions and Function Apps
- Experience with build automation and CI/CD tools such Jenkins, Git, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages such Bash, Ruby and Python
- Experience using MySQL and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Strong knowledge of scalable, secure, and performant systems
Why join us
NexPlayer is the market leader player SDK for video apps on Android, iOS, Smart TVs, STBs, and web browsers. NexPlayer is integrated into the OTT platforms of companies like HBO, Sky, Turner, BT, or AT&T. NexPlayer’s code is 100% developed and controlled in-house, differentiating it from alternative solutions based on risky open-source. NexPlayer benefits include an international and dynamic environment, flexible working hours, Ticket Restaurant and Ticket Transport, a casual dress code, and a centric office location.